Food is an integral part of life and healthy eating is something helps us to stay fit and healthy. There isn’t a better purpose to diet than your personal health and well being. Healthy dieting habits eliminate various health issue and food habits not only concerned with our body but very important to improve mental health. Various Nutritionists and Dietitians suggest maintaining a healthy lifestyle while we talk about healthy eating because a diet is not about healthy eating but it is a lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle is easy to adapt to these key factors:
- Eat Healthily: Healthy eating is an important diet habit and the most important is don’t lose your mind while trying to maintain healthy eating. Anything you eat impact our health and body so always take balanced diet. Eat more fiber, proteins, and minerals to live life more lively.
- Cook Healthy: Our cooking methods play an important role in providing food nutrition to our body. Like steamed and boiled vegetables are more healthy than vegetables cooked in oil. Adapt healthy cooking habits to stay fit. You can replace your traditional cooking oil with Olive oil and normal atta (flour) with multigrain atta (flour).
- Mindful Eating: Mindful eating means mindfulness and this came from Buddhism. Its a form of meditation which helps to treat various food-related disorders, depression, anxiety, and depression. Mindful eating is about to keep a track of what we eat when we eat, How we eat and how much we eat. Practising mindful eating meditation control emotional eating and helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Shop Healthy Food: Healthy eating began with shopping healthy food. Make a list of healthy food or diet food. Spend money on buying this food instead of junk food. Including vegetables, fruits, fiber-rich foods, dry fruits and other grains in your grocery list. Do not shop for cookies and cake and avoid eating these foods.
- How you plan your food: Food planning is very important when it comes to healthy diet habits. Don’t worry food planning is not rocket science, all you need to do is make a weekly food chart. This food chart is basically a diet chart which has variety of foods planned according to day. There is a time for eating everything from morning to evening.
- Think about food and Body: Think about body and food helps to identify which food is good for our food and which is not. Calculate the nutritional value of food and check our daily nutrition requirement to stay fit.
10 Dieting Habits That can change your World
Dieting is not just based on healthy eating but the fact is it is based on the combination of healthy eating and avoiding unhealthy food from the diet. Replaced refined sugar with Jaggery or Honey and control your sodium intake or salt intake. Here is the list of Dieting habits.
Make water your best Friend
Water is a very simple and easy way to stay fit. Increase your daily water intake and try to drink minimum 4-5 liter water every day. Dehydration is the root cause of various stomach ailments. As you know our body is 70% water and it is very helpful for proper body functioning. You can make your own detox drinks at home by adding few herbs and fruits to water. Sometimes, we got confused between hunger and thirst. You can drink water half an hour before lunch to lose weight and avoid overeating.
Replace Regular Tea with Green Tea
Green tea is very popular when it comes to diet. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which are very good for skin, heart health and stomach. Drinking unsweetened green tea helps to shed extra kilos and maintain overall health.
Never Skip your Breakfast
Breakfast is the important meal of the day and there are various studies which suggest that people who eat breakfast daily are healthy and fit. Skipping breakfast is not a healthy habit. Breakfast is the first meal of the day and it provides energy and increases our metabolic rate. Eat breakfast like a King to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Eat Healthy Fats to Stay Fit
Do not eliminate healthy fats from your diet. There is two type of fats – healthy fat and unhealthy fat. Eating healthy fats helps to maintain health and burn calories. Healthy fat is very essential for our body. Include good fats in your diet like Omega 3 fatty acid capsules, salmon fish, flax seeds, nuts, dark chocolates, and avocado to fulfill daily fat requirement of the body.
Eat Fibre Rich Foods and Colourful Foods
Foods rich in fiber are very helpful to reduce weight and stay fit. Fibre is very important for better digestion and control blood sugar level. It helps to fight obesity and help them to lose weight more effectively. You should include colourful foods in your diet to increase the count of disease-fighting phytonutrients. You can include yellow, red, orange, violet, green, blue, and indigo color food in your diet. Some of the fiber-rich foods are flax seeds, broccoli, oats, raspberries, lentils, and apples.
Count Your Calorie Intake
Keep a journal of your daily calorie intake and to do this write whatever you eat on a paper. You can also use various apps to keep track of your daily calories. Counting calories helps to avoid overeating and lose weight.
Prepare your Food Before and Store
A study suggests that people who spend the time preparing their food are more healthy. You can prepare your food to avoid unhealthy eating. You can prep your breakfast night before and store it in an airtight container to avoid unhealthy snacking and skipping the food. Chop vegetables and fruits and store in the refrigerator, it saves time while you are getting late.
Follow Proportion Control Trick
You can follow proportion control trick to control overeating. You can replace your plate with small size plate and bowls. Weigh your food before eating. You can also follow 80/20 rule to control food intake. According to 80-20 rule stop eating when you are 80 percent full. You can buy plates having lines to divide food in proportions.
Eat Healthy Snacks
Smart snacking is another healthy diet habit follow by various healthy people. Replace fried snacks with roasted snacks. Fried peanuts can be replaced with Roasted peanuts. You can also replace your cookies with digestive fiber cookies.
Do not eat Boring Food
Never eat boring food to stay fit, you can spice up your healthy food with various methods. You can cook your healthy food in a way that it can turn into a yummy dish. You can spice up your diet food by adding various herbs and spices. Boring food leads to the craving for unhealthy and fast foods to satisfy our taste buds.
If you think you are going to fail at this diet you are dooming yourself to failure before you even deprive yourself with the first bite. Think about that before you begin because only a true masochist could find pleasure in perpetuating this vicious cycle without ever stopping to wonder why none of the other diets have worked for you. Henry Ford also said, “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently”. In case you were pondering I would say his words are quite profound. Seriously though, if you do not examine the reasons for your failures you are certainly dooming yourself to repeat them and if you’re already planning to fail why on earth would you even try?
You’re the one person who can take control of your need to eat. You are the only one who can pay attention and notice when you are eating for emotional fulfillment and when you are eating from necessity. You and you alone can get yourself out of your chair and on your feet. You are the only one that can take the responsibility for the condition in which you find yourself.